I recently had the pleasure to speak on a social media panel in Houston, TX called PR On A Shoestring Budget. It was put on by the local NARIP (National Association of Record Industry Professionals) chapter. I was joined on the panel by Ami Blackwell (Spindrift Media & Entertainment), Nancy Byron (OGPR Marketing & Public Relations) and Barry Coffing (MusicSupervisor.com). We talked about ways to get the most out of your PR and do so on a budget.
Here are some of the things I discussed:
- Importance of having a website (dot com) as well as Twitter, Facebook, ReverbNation and YouTube.
- Educating clients with social media strategies.
- Social media is about engaging, not selling.
- Be compelling because your audience is listening.
- How to stand out on Twitter: have a great bio and photo, seek out people in your industry and follow them.
Get in touch with me if you’d like to schedule a one-on-one coaching/consulting call to maximize your social media marketing and its reach to your audience. Click here for info.
Video by: Rebekah Tee, Director of KIPP Houston Art School