Brian Honigman is the CEO of Honigman Media, a content marketing consultancy that provides strategic counsel regarding content distribution and content production. As a content marketing and social media strategist, Brian is a regular contributor to the Wall Street Journal, Forbes magazine, the World Economic Forum and others.
Brian has worked with a range of clients from growing startups like Sumall and Amerisleep to established brands like Dell and Marc Ecko. He is a frequent professional speaker at industry conferences and company events about social media, content marketing and related topics having spoken at UNICEF, NYU, HuffPost Live and elsewhere.
Today he joins the #TwitterSmarter podcast to talk about Twitter chats.
- Value from Twitter chats comes in two forms: participant and host. Brian shares his thoughts on the best experience for each role.
- When hosting a Twitter chat, the pre-launch phase is the most critical. Brian offers in-depth insights on topic selection, promotional strategies, and frequency.
- Brian shares his number one pre-chat hosting tip for ensuring that he is able to fully participate in each chat.
- Third-party apps can provide convenience, but there are times when native use of social media channels makes more sense. Brian explains when to go native.
- Avoid being generic by focusing on long-term impact of your chat topic from the beginning.
- You have to work natively to give the best experience to the people viewing your content.
- Buffer’s Daily app is like Tinder for content.
Links to tools and resources mentioned in this episode:
- Favorite Chats:
- Best apps for participating in chats:
- App for scheduling posts as a host:
- Buffer – scheduling posts
- Best mobile apps for curating content:
How To Reach Brian:
You can reach Brian on Twitter @BrianHonigman, or via his website. Brian’s Twitter chat, #InsiderChat, happens on the last Wednesday of the month at 1:00 p.m. Eastern. Click here to stay up-to-day with #InsiderChat.
Your Call To Action:
Check out Brian’s monthly Twitter chat – #InsiderChat – on the last Wednesday of the month at 1pm ET/10am PT. I’ve participated in it and I can say it’s a great community of people. Be sure to send me a tweet @MadalynSklar and let me know what you think of it.
Share The Love:
Want an easy “one-click” way to Share The Love for this podcast? Go here: www.madalynsklar.com/love to tweet out your love.
Thanks for the listen!
I appreciate you listening to this podcast, and would be extremely grateful if you would take a moment to rate & review it on iTunes. By doing this, my rankings will increase and more people will be able to benefit from the tips and tools shared in this #TwitterSmarter podcast series. Please also subscribe to this podcast while you’re there. It will ensure you don’t miss an episode!
I read every review that comes in, so please know that you have my sincere thanks!
#TwitterSmarter Twitter Chat:
Join our brand new Twitter chat where you go to learn and share Twitter tips. It’s every Thursday at 1pm ET/10am PT. We’ll also have Q&A’s with guests from the #TwitterSmarter podcast. Mark your calendar. You don’t want to miss this!
Bridge The Atlantic
Podcast featuring hilarious stories from creative industry bigwigs. Hosted by Marcio Novelli and Ross Barber. New episodes every Tuesday.