Sue B. Zimmerman, the Instagram gal, is founder of Insta-Results (the world’s first comprehensive online Instagram course) and author of the #1 eBook “Instagram Basics for your Business.” She’s also a popular CreativeLive instructor, powerful speaker on prominent stages like SMMW15, and highly sought after business coach.
Sue is passionate about teaching entrepreneurs, business execs, and marketing professionals how to easily leverage the power of Instagram for tangible business results. She uses her knowledge in social media, her lessons learned after starting 18 businesses, and her 30+ years of business experience to teach, mentor and empower others to be highly successful entrepreneurs as well.
In today’s #TwitterSmarter podcast she talks about the importance of building a community, sharing her tips and advice about Twitter, Instagram and her fave new app, Periscope, which happens to be owned by Twitter.
- Being visible on Twitter requires a deep content well – curated or owned – balanced with live interaction. Sue shares her tips for doing both efficiently.
- Targeting messages is critical today. Sue’s explains why her Instagram strategy includes six separate accounts, with six different areas of focus… and why listeners should consider something similar.
- Want to know how to post Instagram photos natively to Twitter at the click of a button? Sue’s got you covered.
- Periscope has been a game changer for Sue. In this episode she details how it’s helped her expand her reach, engage more authentically, grow her community (faster than with any other platform, even her beloved Instagram), and monetize the results.
- Periscope is a powerful tool for authentically growth a community.
- My community has grown faster with Periscope than through any other platform – including Instagram.
Links to tools and resources mentioned in this episode:
- Twitter for Dummies by Laura Fitton
- IFTTT – create recipes to connect products and apps
- This recipe will automatically post your Instagram to Twitter
- Sprout Social – social media management software
- #ViralChat – weekly Twitter chat hosted by PostPlanner Thursdays 9pm ET
- Periscope – live streaming app
- Meerkat – live streaming app
- Sue’s Content:
How To Reach Sue:
You can reach Sue on Twitter @SueBZimmerman, Instagram @suebzimmerman, or via her website www.suebzimmerman.com. While there, pick up a free copy of: “The Official Instagram Strategy Guide.”
Your Call To Action:
Go to Sue’s personal Instagram account, find a picture you like, and leave a comment. Be sure to mention you heard her on the #TwitterSmarter podcast and tag me @MadalynSklar in the comment. And as always, please be sure to send me a tweet @MadalynSklar and let me know what you think of this episode.
Share The Love:
Want an easy “one-click” way to Share The Love for this podcast? Go here: www.madalynsklar.com/love to tweet out your love.
Thanks for the listen!
I appreciate you listening to this podcast, and would be extremely grateful if you would take a moment to rate & review it on iTunes. By doing this, my rankings will increase and more people will be able to benefit from the tips and tools shared in this #TwitterSmarter podcast series. Please also subscribe to this podcast while you’re there. It will ensure you don’t miss an episode!
I read every review that comes in, so please know that you have my sincere thanks!
#TwitterSmarter Twitter Chat:
Join our brand new Twitter chat where you go to learn and share Twitter tips. It’s every Thursday at 1pm ET/10am PT. We’ll also have Q&A’s with guests from the #TwitterSmarter podcast. Mark your calendar. You don’t want to miss this!
Bridge The Atlantic
Podcast featuring hilarious stories from creative industry bigwigs. Hosted by Marcio Novelli and Ross Barber. New episodes every Tuesday.